I'm back with my latest installment of my before and after series. Today I'm sharing our dining room. In our last house, we used the dining room as our music room/office. I'm so excited to have a real dining room at the new house! I feel so blessed that we were able to completely furnish this room with family pieces. My husband inherited his grandmother's dining room furniture before we met and it had been in storage for about 10 years. The first time I saw the furniture was when my dad and my husband moved it to the house. My hubby always said he thought it was my style and he was right! Yay! After 10 years in storage, the furniture needed a little love. I cleaned and polished it with Old English and I recovered the chair seats in a classic houndstooth fabric. Here's a before and after of one of the chairs.
Are you ready for a before and after of the whole room?! Well, wait no more...
- Wall Color - Benjamin Moore Wedgewood Gray (this is definitely blue, not gray)
- Curtains - I made these. The fabric is Premier Prints Barber Twill Powder Blue from fabric.com
- Curtain Rods and Clips - target.com
- Rug - Homespun Moroccan Trellis Rug in tan from rugsusa.com
- Chair Seat Fabric - Premier Prints Houndstooth Powder Grey from fabric.com
- Lamps - Hobby Lobby
- Artwork - I found these prints on The Graphics Fairy's site and I had them printed on cardstock at Staples for under $2. The frames are from AC Moore and they were on a 50% off sale for under $15 each.
- Table Runner - This is such an easy and inexpensive table runner project. Just buy a roll of wide burlap "ribbon" and cut it to the appropriate length for your table. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. It was in the floral department.
Thanks for checking out my dining room! I'll leave you with a few more after pics.