Friday, August 28, 2015

Laundry Room Wall Art

My parents are moving (closer to me - woohoo!) so I wanted to get them a housewarming gift.  But, what kind of housewarming gift do you give your parents who already have everything?  Something just for fun!  Actually, these little signs are pretty functional, too.  I made these laundry room signs for the change (sometimes dollars) you find when doing laundry and the orphan socks.  My parents had a laundry closet at their old house but they have a whole laundry room at the new house so I think my momma will really enjoy decorating this new space and these little signs will be a good start.


I bought the unfinished wood plaques at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 each (actually less with Hobby Lobby's handy 40% off coupon).  I stained them with some General Finishes Java Gel Stain I had leftover from staining my craft table.  This stain is so easy to use.  You rub it on with a cloth or sock.  It doesn't drip, dries fast and it only took one coat!  I bought the little silver bucket for the dollar aisle at Target and I bought the silver clips from Amazon and I attached them to the plaque with screws.  I designed the text in PowerPoint and printed it out on regular printer paper.  Then, I traced over the text with a sheet of transfer paper between the printout and the plaque to transfer the outline of the image to the plaques.  Finally, I filled in the text using a white chalk pen.  This entire project cost less than $10.  I can't wait to give them to my parents!

1 comment:

  1. Harrah's Resort Atlantic City - MapYRO
    Harrah's Resort 성남 출장샵 Atlantic City 천안 출장샵 is a AAA Four Diamond resort located in Atlantic City, NJ. The hotel is connected 경기도 출장샵 to its 안양 출장마사지 sister resort, 광주광역 출장안마 Ocean

    ReplyDelete