Sunday, August 5, 2012

DIY Chair Cushions

I found these chairs at Pier 1 recently.  I loved the chairs but I wasn't crazy about the cushions (which were sold separately for $40 each). 


So I decided to make my own.  I made a template of the chair bottom by placing tissue paper in the seat of the chair and tracing the shape.

 

Then I bought a piece of 3 inch foam at Joann's.  Lucky me, it was on sale for 50% off and I had a coupon (as I usually do) for an additional 25% off.  So the foam for two chairs cost only $20.  That's $60 less than the boring beige cushions would have cost.  I used my tissue paper template to trace the shape onto the foam and I cut the shape out with scissors.



Finally, I sewed the cushion covers from some black and cream damask fabric that I had previously purchased from Joann's on sale, of course.  This black and cream damask fabric is my new obsession.  I've been using it on all kinds of projects.  It works like a neutral but it so much more fun than the beige cushions.  And this only took a couple nap times to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment